Thursday, December 21, 2017

News:: Import Review: Kamen Rider: Climax Fighters

It's hard to believe we live in a world where a new Kamen Rider game was released in English. I guess it shouldn't come as a surprise since Bandai Namco's Singapore division localized a couple Super Robot Wars and Gundam titles in Asia.

My exposure to the franchise began with Saban's Masked Rider, the Americanized version of Kamen Rider Black RX. When I started college, I learned from a friend that the show was adapted from an ongoing franchise in Japan. Eventually, I became addicted to its action and character-driven stories. In fact, some of its installments feature elements that appeal to older viewers. Also, I couldn't turn down the chance to see a program about bug-eyed bikers who kick their opponents to smithereens.

As a person who's seen a good amount of Rider shows, I was happy about Bandai Namco's decision to release Kamen Rider: Climax Fighters in English. Sadly, this arena brawler fails to do the franchise justice.

Import Review: Kamen Rider: Climax Fighters screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2CRsKTi