Sunday, November 26, 2017

News:: Video game mashups to brighten up your day

I am fond of a video game mashup or two, so I was stoked when I heard 2 Mello (the composer for 2064: Read Only Memories) was releasing a Streets of Rage mashup album this week. When it came out on Tuesday, I downloaded it right away for listening to during workouts, and it hasn't disappointed me. He has also released a Notorious B.I.G. and Earthbound mashup album, which is consistently great.

 

My interest in mashups has been reawakened, so I thought I'd check out what else is out there on SoundCloud and YouTube. And boy, was I in for a treat. Spanning the thoroughly brilliant and the brilliantly daft, there's a lot out there to listen to when you want to let the twin worlds of video games and music collide. Below are a few starter picks that put a smile on my face.

Video game mashups to brighten up your day screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2BoMVs7