Sunday, October 22, 2017

News:: Why Elite: Dangerous is my nightly holiday

The other day I spent a couple of hours at work reading about sailboats. Like a ten-year-old with a new fascination after discovering Treasure Island or some other seafaring fantasy, I was obsessing over famous ships from the past, and the prospect of buying one of my own when we move away from here, out of this big unfriendly city, and try to settle down in an island town next year to reform our lives.

I went home that evening and turned on Elite: Dangerous. A game I have been playing since summer of last year. A game I gave high praise to here at Destructoid when I reviewed the PS4 version a couple of months ago. I hear all kinds of negativity tossed in this game's direction. It is boring, it doesn’t feel complete, it’s a “space truck simulator,” you just deliver stuff from one place to the next ad infinitum.

They are all right, and yet so wrong at the same time.

Why Elite: Dangerous is my nightly holiday screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2xeAf4n