Sunday, October 29, 2017

News:: Review: Total War: Warhammer 2

As much as I've enjoyed and admired the games of The Creative Assembly, I can't help but admit that I'm something of a fair-weather Total War fan. With the exception of Shogun 2, the sheer scale of a typical Total War game tends to keep me from committing to any single one, or even starting despite my initial interest in titles like Atilla, Napoleon, or Empire.

In defense of my seeming negligence, however, it's not like Total War games are the kind of title you're supposed to play every single entry of (much as that would delight the people making them). Between installments, the games don't change all that much in their basic approach to play, and players are usually best advised to take the plunge when a new installment touches on a setting they enjoy.

Usually.

After I spent time with Total War: Warhammer 2, though, I immediately rushed out to get the first game, cursing my ignorance and wondering why I'd let such an accomplished Total War game pass me by.

Review: Total War: Warhammer 2 screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2zYNHeH