Friday, October 27, 2017

News:: Overcoming Fear: Sir Charles vs. PSX

[I always considered Metal Gear Sold something of an action/suspense/horror game...and it looks like I'm not the only one! Sir Charles of Shred takes us through his childhood in having to face his fears through three key games he experienced on the original PlayStation. It's okay, bud, Psycho Mantis freaked me the hell out - how did he know what I was doing?! Get your work featured by Destructoid by participating in this month's spooptacular Bloggers Wanted prompt. You've still got a few days to participate! - Wes]

When I think of true fear in video games, I think of the original PlayStation.

Growing up as a Nintendo kid could not have prepared me for the PlayStation when I got one for Christmas in 1998. Everything about Sony's gaming machine was decidedly different than my previous systems. The graphics were different, the cartridges turned into CDs, and unbeknownst to me, a dramatic tonal shift occurred in my gaming sensibilities.

Overcoming Fear: Sir Charles vs. PSX screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2iDRee7