Friday, October 27, 2017

News:: A meteorologist reviews Geostorm

Whenever you see a new action movie coming out that defies the laws of physics or sense you are always told to "check your brain at the door." Now for most movies I can do this, I'll watch a giant green man who got his powers from exposure to radiation punch a Norse god in the face for two hours and happily chow down on the popcorn because hey whatever it's a comic book. But when it comes to something I've been educated and interested in for more than half my life, the door brain checking becomes a bit harder.

I was educated and currently work in the field of meteorology; it's been a lifelong passion of mine and a subject that I've always found fascinating. As Destructoid writer Mike Sounders likes to say I enjoy "sniffing clouds." So when movies dealing with weather come about I'm always going to look at it through a critical scientific lens as well as a more universal movie-going lens. Geostorm is a disaster no matter which lens you look at it through.

A meteorologist reviews Geostorm screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2lnGMYW