Friday, September 15, 2017

News:: Review: ARK: Survival Evolved

Initially ARK: Survival Evolved didn’t leave much of an impression on me. Not only did I forget I actually owned the game, but that I had played it as well during early access at some point. It got lost among a sea of other games of its ilk in a genre that I can only imagine is pretty much entirely saturated by now. So when I sat down to play it for review, I was curious if only because I was trying to piece together why I put it down in the first place.

After many exhausting hours of play, I remember. While I think ARK is probably one of the best examples of the what the genre is actually capable of and blows many of its clones completely out of the water, I left it thoroughly exhausted by the grind, and vowed not to touch another game of its kind for a very long while. At the same time, ARK can also be a pretty incredible experience for all its many flaws, so for as numb as I was by the end of it, it gave me plenty to look back on with approval.

Review: ARK: Survival Evolved screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2jwc4fp