Tuesday, September 12, 2017

News:: Even more game-inspired woodblock prints are on the way

It's hard for me to fathom that it's been five years since Ukiyo-e Heroes, a series of game-inspired Japanese woodblock prints, sought funding through Kickstarter. I never backed the project or bought the prints, but I sure admired them. And in the time since, I've latched onto woodblock printmaker David Bull's calming, insightful YouTube videos. Straight up, it's one of my favorite channels around.

(Here's a great video from 2013 showing the making of the Metroid-inspired "Infestation.")

This year, David Bull and illustrator Jed Henry are collaborating on another round of Ukiyo-e Heroes prints, with designs drawing from the likes of Breath of the Wild, Final Fantasy VII, and Overwatch.

Even more game-inspired woodblock prints are on the way screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2f3EHPx