Saturday, July 15, 2017

News:: You've got character: The Spy

When it comes to competitive multiplayer games, we all have our favorite characters and classes. In this series, I'm putting some of mine under the microscope to see what makes them tick, how they fit into their games, and ultimately why I like them! Check out the previous entries - Kotal KahnReaperLex Luthor, The Hunchback.

Team Fortress 2 is going to be 10 years old in a few months. While this is personally disturbing to me since it casts my mortality and inevitable march towards the grave into stark relief, it is also somewhat intriguing. I can’t think of another ten year old game that I regularly dust off and play.

Counting different platforms and profiles, I’ve played over a thousand hours of TF2. Probably more if I really took the time to tally it all up. My best days are behind me of course, the vast majority of that time was tallied up during those first glorious three or four years after launch. That beautiful period of my life when I’d come home just as the sun was rising, weary from the night shift, yet still willing to capture control points until the sun fell back behind the horizon.

Now, the time I spend with the game comes in fits and starts. Berserk little trysts with the game that come after months and months of dormancy. Much like the profile of a spree killer in a paperback thriller, I periodically come out of retirement to get a taste of the action.

It’s only fitting, then, that my favorite character was, is, and will always remain the stab-happy Spy.

You've got character: The Spy screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2t2iHGC