Monday, July 24, 2017

News:: You can do a cute lil fist pump in Splatoon 2

On Sunday, I spent most of my waking hours playing Splatoon 2. I'm obsessed.

The campaign is delightful and creative, as expected, and I just love exploring every nook and cranny in the overworlds. The competitive multiplayer -- yeah, I need to get better at that. I'm rusty as hell, and that puts a damper on would-be marathon sessions. But the new four-player co-op horde mode, Salmon Run? That's the ticket right there. That's the reason I can't stop playing Splatoon 2. It has exceeded my expectations in every way (aside from the lack of split-screen, which is a bummer).

I've had my head down trying to learn the ins and outs of Salmon Run -- the best way to take out the bosses with each of the randomly-assigned weapons, how to prioritize egg gathering vs. survival, remembering not to jump off the ledge in case it's high tide -- and that means I've missed a lot of the game's amusing little details. Stuff like this first pump captured by Dylan Schirtz:

I'm sure there's a ton more where that came from. What else have you spotted?

You can do a cute lil fist pump in Splatoon 2 screenshot



via destructoid http://ift.tt/2tEVcba