Sunday, July 2, 2017

News:: The Xbox 360's original code name was a nod to The Matrix

Microsoft's home consoles represent a blind spot in my video game knowledge. For one reason or another, I've never owned one. But even though an Xbox has never graced my television screen, I've still spent countless hours playing 360 games with my friends.

The Xbox 360 has a memorable legacy. Following a meteoric rise in popularity during the seventh console generation, it often felt like everyone in the world owned one of Microsoft's white boxes. It was the de facto home machine for most console gamers, despite initial hardware issues and a larger-than-expected system failure rate.

The Xbox 360's original code name was a nod to The Matrix screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2tfPclM