Friday, June 16, 2017

News:: Nintendo Badge arcade is on life support, not getting any more badges

It was known for quite a while, but it looks like the North American arm of the Nintendo Badge Arcade is no more -- sort of, at least.

On June 22 the service will get its last batch of badges, and beyond that there will be no more updates. You can keep playing and keep giving Nintendo your cash, you just won't get any more content. This US shutdown joins both Europe and Japan.

It had a good run that lasted nearly two years. I never once felt compelled to spend money on it, and I got a few cool little icons for my 3DS home screen in the process. It was more than a win-win situation for me, but I can understand why people were turned off by the free-to-play scheme.

Rest in piece, Badge Arcade.

Nintendo Badge arcade is on life support, not getting any more badges screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2rAcUeY