Sunday, May 21, 2017

News:: Thumper on Switch wore me out

[Header Screenshot via Chillybilly's Twitter]

When Rez first came out in 2002, I learned a new word from its marketing campaign: Synesthesia. Basically, it means that one of your senses is being triggered by something it normally wouldn't, so you might get the sensation that you're hearing a color or touching music. Anyone who's played Rez knows the feeling of trancelike focus that comes from a good run, but it's an experience that isn't easy to replicate.

There was a spiritual sequel to Rez in 2011 with Child of Eden, but despite the improved visuals, I didn't get the same feeling until I loaded up Thumper a few days ago. I'm not sure what I was expecting from a game that billed itself as "Rhythm Violence," but after playing for a bit, I'll be darned if the developer, Drool, didn't deliver on that promise.

Thumper on Switch wore me out screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2rGzYnP