Tuesday, May 9, 2017

News:: Review: STRAFE

My first look at STRAFE was from Destructoid back in 2015. When a successful Kickstarter had funded the game, I became intrigued by a marketing gimmick that centered heavily on "Bleeding Edge Graphics for 1996." I love shooters and 1996 was one of the cornerstone years for the entire genre.

When I finally got hands on time with the game, I was a little saddened to see it was going the route of being a roguelike. I really just wanted a return to old-school classics a la Rise of the Triad, but with good performance. After that initial wave of disappointment, though, I started to understand the hook.

STRAFE is basically Spelunky in first-person, with all the setbacks and accomplishments of its inspiration.

Review: STRAFE screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2q29SMj