Saturday, May 13, 2017

News:: Review: Lethal League

At first, I loved Lethal League. It has plenty of style, it has a fun central mechanic, and it filled my need for a chaotic yet accessible fighter to bust out at parties – now that I no longer have access to Smash Bros.

But as I made my way through the game's Arcade mode while I waited for the PS4 version to launch, I started having less and less fun as I started going up against computer-controlled opponents with a preternatural ability to tell exactly where the ball was going to land. Single-player Lethal League started to become a chore. "Wait a minute," I said to myself as I went up against Mirror Candyman for the umpteenth time. "This sucks."

I held on as we got closer to release, hoping that the online multiplayer would be better. It was, briefly. I won a decent amount of matches, all before the netcode decided to give up on me. Now I can only connect sporadically, and even the matches I'm able to find can end in a disconnection.

I do not much care for Lethal League anymore. I don't hate it, I'm just disappointed.

Review: Lethal League screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2rdekrW