Thursday, May 18, 2017

News:: Review: Endless Space 2

It's 5AM, and my empire is crumbling.

The clock ceased to be a concern quite a while ago. My heavy investment in scientific pursuits over militarism means that although we have better tech than the competition, we're not nearly as good at getting steel on target, and the enemy has been probing my meager defenses for what feels like decades. Raiders and pirates are blockading my most valuable colony worlds, and since my empire can't seem to protect them, there's talk of revolution on half a dozen systems. Meanwhile, I've made accidental first contact with a local cyborg insectoid race who live by one rule: expand, or die. They seem totally uninterested in negotiating peace, and the only reason my patrol ships are able to escape them is their superior engines and ability to bypass the beaten path. Once the robo-bugs learn the secret of warp drive, they'll move in and wipe us out. It's not a question of if, it's a question of when.

Review: Endless Space 2 screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2rvlhVq