Friday, April 28, 2017

News:: 'Shrine skips' are my new favorite thing about Zelda: Breath of the Wild

At some point I just need to stop playing Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I was fortunate to get a head start, but I worked my way through every shrine eventually, nabbing most of the hidden gear, which made all of my future exploits that much easier (along with the added hearts for White Lynels and stamina for exploring).

All the while folks have been uploading and sharing amazing shrine skip videos, which showcase myriad ways that you can sequence break the game's miniature challenge dungeons The mechanic of sequence breaking has always been a staple of the Zelda series, so it's great to see it alive and well (and directly encouraged in the campaign as you race for the final dungeon immediately). For those of you who haven't played, the absolute best part is that you get nearly every tool in the box in the first 30 minutes of the game.

Unwittingly I had performed a few skips of my own (does anyone remember the Shrine with the laser that's sweeping the floor with the rising and lowering platforms?) -- but some of these are next level stuff. Practice your shield surf jump cancels!

Adri [Twitter via Kotaku]

'Shrine skips' are my new favorite thing about Zelda: Breath of the Wild screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2qeuPn1