Monday, April 24, 2017

News:: PC Port Report: Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness

Earlier this year, I binged my way through Psycho-Pass and quickly declared it the best anime I'd ever seen in over a decade. Granted, it was the only anime I'd watched in over a decade as Paranoia Agent had pushed the bar to unfeasible heights, but Psycho-Pass finally hit all the right notes. Its mix of Blade Runner and Minority Report, Hannibal mind games, and a familiar criticism of Japanese isolationism made for an exciting blend of hardboiled thrills and thoughtful philosophy. Plus, people exploded, like a lot.

And despite the internet believing it was worse than 9/11, Psycho-Pass 2 wasn't all that bad (no, Psycho-Pass: The Movie was the awful one). Still, diminishing returns hasn't stopped me from wanting more of the universe, and given the show's popularity, someone also saw money in that. TV tie-ins are all but dead in today's climate, but even without my bias and Josh Tolentino's favourable review, Mandatory Happiness is a decent stab at bringing licensed games back.

PC Port Report: Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2ptCYGO