Friday, April 14, 2017

News:: The Legendary World of Zelda's awful cover art hides a truly unremarkable book

In my library, which is what I call the large shelf high up in my closet, sits my small but growing collection of Zelda keepsakes. Perusing the shelf you’ll find the excellent Legends of Localization Book 1: The Legend of Zelda, my copy of Hyrule Historia, a reprint of the Nintendo Power A Link of the Past Comic, the now obsolete The Legend of Zelda and Philosophy: I Link Therefore I Am, a few Link action figures, some pre-order swag, and the complete set of Zelda manga. It sounds like a lot, but the shelf is actually quite big and I’m always on the lookout for more Zelda goodies.

The Legendary World of Zelda will not be added to my shelf.

Written by Game Informer associate editor Kyle Hilliard and published by Triumph Books, The Legendary World of Zelda is billed as the ultimate unofficial guide. Throughout its 143 pages of legally required reminders the book is neither sponsored nor endorsed nor licensed nor authorized by Nintendo of America, Hilliard takes readers through the history of Zelda from its beginnings up until whatever trailer for Breath of the Wild he watched before sending this off to his publisher. The book is billed as a “30th Anniversary Special Edition,” though as I was unable to find a standard edition of the book or any previous editions, I’ve concluded those are nonsense words added to this astoundingly lazy cover art to make it seem like a must-buy for any Zelda fan who comes across it at a Walmart or 7-11.

The Legendary World of Zelda's awful cover art hides a truly unremarkable book screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2pilrOC