Monday, April 17, 2017

News:: Kero Blaster is worth the jump to PS4

[Art by Ka92]

Kero Blaster is one of those games where the second I published its review on Destructoid, people started questioning the score that I gave it. "How can a three-hour 2D run and gun platformer with two-frame run animations be a 9/10?" they asked. "Looks like something I'll wait to get on sale..." they said. I understand these kinds of fixed standards for what makes a game worth buying, but the fact of the matter is, some games defy those standards. They're able to do more with less, and end up being experiences you bring with you long after you're done with them. For me, Kero Blaster ended up being one of those games. 

I know I'm not alone on that. Game developers in particular seemed to love Kero Blaster, especially after it was updated with a whole new 'Zangyou' campaign mode. One developer was so inspired by it that they made their own game, a cute little platformer called Crowtel, that in time, ended up getting its own bonus campaign as well.  

So what is it that makes Kero Blaster so special? I touched on some of that in the review, but I'll make a few more point about it now, as the game just recently launched on the PS4. 

Kero Blaster is worth the jump to PS4 screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2oG9h2f