Thursday, April 6, 2017

News:: The EVE Online monument: same as it ever was

This is not my beautiful house!

No, I'm in the hamlet city of Reykjavik, Iceland for my first EVE Fanfest and coincidentally, my first visit to the country. I've seen the myriad pictures for the monument before, but it was fascinating to get some context around it.

Iceland is a strange place. My first real experience in the country involved getting some breakfast after a redye flight, only to hear the restaurant blaring 1950's rock and roll. Just up the street is a bar dedicated to Chuck Norris and any number of innocuous US pop culture references. Credit cards are widely accepted, English is widely spoken, and you can basically just roll up and acclimate instantly.

The EVE Online monument: same as it ever was screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2p5BxdJ