Thursday, April 6, 2017

News:: Action-RPG The Surge really wants you to lob off limbs

Deck13 has garnered interest from Dark Souls fans, myself included, with The Surge. It's an action-RPG with a near-future-Earth twist that has you dodging, whittling away at your enemies, and striking with a finishing move to slice off specifically-targeted limbs to earn pieces for your exosuit.

Given its focus on those finishing moves above all else, this trailer perhaps isn't the best introduction to the game -- for that, I'd recommend this much more in-depth developer-narrated gameplay video -- but I liked seeing some of the armor possibilities in the montage toward the end.

There's a potentially cool game in here, I think. I'll need more convincing, but with the PC, PS4, and Xbox One launch not happening until May 16, there's still plenty of time for that.

Action-RPG The Surge really wants you to lob off limbs screenshot



via destructoid http://ift.tt/2oJtoiz