Thursday, March 9, 2017

News:: Review: Blaster Master Zero

Blaster Master is one of my favorite games to watch during AGDQ's speedrunning festivities.

I love the Metroid feel of it, and seeing some of the near-misses and pixel-perfect jumps make for exciting runs -- they always make me want to go back and play the original all over again, which stumped me time and time again as a kid. But that's just it -- I had to play the original, as the Wii's Blaster Master: Overdrive didn't hit the same notes, despite having the same producer. The world has also long forgotten Blasting Again and Blaster Master 2, which wasn't released outside of Japan.

After all these years of uncertainty, I'm glad Inti Creates was the team that got their hands on the series, as Blaster Master Zero will hold up much better as a pseudo-sequel that mirrors the original's visual style.

Review: Blaster Master Zero screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2mDXGSe