Friday, March 17, 2017

News:: Death isn't the end in Super Rude Bear Resurrection

I'm standing on the PAX East convention center floor with a controller in my hand. On the screen in front of me is a pissed-off bear wearing nothing but a backward, purple hat. He seems poised and ready for me to guide him through a room full of swinging axes and deadly spikes. The bear's angry scowl should convey confidence, but I'm still hesitant. Super Rude Bear Resurrection's first level is rather intimidating.

As I fiddle with the controls for a moment and get a feel for how the game plays, developer Alex Rose encourages me to move forward and leap onto the looming axe. Even though he already mentioned that Super Rude Bear Resurrection is an "insanely challenging platformer," I can't help but feel like his suggestion is a half-joke. How would intentionally killing myself, on the game's first obstacle, illustrate just how hard it is?

Death isn't the end in Super Rude Bear Resurrection screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2mE5Yqg