Saturday, January 21, 2017

News:: So long Crossy Road, hello Westy West

As I said I would do in my gaming resolution, I’ve been spending a lot of time recently with mobile games, looking for those fun experiences I think should be shared with people who are actually looking for games to play on their phones. On my old iPhone, I had around 25 games, but spend most of my downtime trying to get a high score in Crossy Road. For a game I played only one or two minutes at a time, I probably sunk around 10 hours into it. It is fun, it's easy to play, it’s what Konami should have done with Frogger, and it’s no longer my go-to toilet time game now that I’ve discovered Westy West.

Currently in Android Early Access and slated for official release later this year, Westy West follows in the footsteps of Crossy Road and similar games like Totes the Goat and Shooty Skies. With its simple swipe controls and fun aesthetic, I keep coming back to this free-to-play app whenever I have a moment or two, or when I'm forced to stand on the train. Like the aforementioned games, Westy West has an extremely agreeable microtransaction plan that allows you to pay upfront for new characters or spend the currency you earn in game.

So long Crossy Road, hello Westy West screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2k0LZBv