Monday, January 23, 2017

News:: Review in Progress: Tales of Berseria

I'll be the first to admit that I'm a newcomer to Bandai Namco's Tales series. In the past, I've only played small snippets of both Tales of Xilla 2 and Tales of Hearts R, and for one reason or another, have yet to sink my teeth into the rest of the franchise.

Of course, that's not to say I have anything against these games. Far from it, it's been a series that I've wanted to dive deeper into for quite some time now, as I enjoyed my very brief moments with the two aforementioned Tales games.

So, when I got my hands on a copy of Tales of Berseria, I wasn't entirely sure what I should have been expecting. I did have an inkling as to how the game would play out from a mechanical standpoint, at the same time, there were still a lot of unknowns.

How would the latest instalment in the Tales series fare with someone who is, for all intents and purposes, a newcomer to these games? Pretty damn well, actually.

Review in Progress: Tales of Berseria screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2jpllkY