Wednesday, January 11, 2017

News:: Divide reminds me of watching sci-fi '90s games over my dad's shoulder

Though we've covered the isometric sci-fi Divide in the past, I was unfamiliar with how it looked and played until I got my hands on it. If I had seen it last year and known that it was going to remind me of watching my dad play games that I probably shouldn't have been watching, it would have been one of my most anticipated games for 2017.

Playing as David, a normie from our normie world, you and your daughter are on a train when you black out and wake up in a dystopian future. This helped me jump into the hard sci-fi world, since David and I both couldn't tell jack from shit. Instead of drowning in science jargon explaining why everything in the world can be hacked and why soldiers wanted to kill me, David was as confused as I was. It's an old narrative trick, but it felt welcome here.

Divide reminds me of watching sci-fi '90s games over my dad's shoulder screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2ihWkXA