Tuesday, December 13, 2016

News:: Yooka-Laylee is set for an April 2017 release, with a possible Switch port in the works

You know, up until this year, I’ve never had the chance to play the likes of Banjo Kazooie, Conker’s Bad Fur Day or any of the other oft-acclaimed Rareware classics. As a child, I never owned a Nintendo 64 of my own, and I rarely even had access to Nintendo’s fifth-generation gaming platform. Needless to say, I don't have any nostalgic memories whatsoever what many consider to be the golden age of Rareware, prior to its acquisition by Microsoft in 2002.

I only got around to trying my hand at some of these games when I picked up Rare Replay alongside an Xbox One a couple of months ago. Interestingly enough, even when going into Banjo Kazooie nearly two decades later and with absolutely no sentimentality attached to it, I found that it still holds up pretty well. So much so that I immediately developed an interest in Yooka-Laylee; a spiritual successor to the beloved platformer by Playtonic Games, which is a studio comprised of several former Rare developers.

Well, it doesn't appear as if the wait for Yooka-Laylee will be all that much longer. According to a new trailer by Playtonic Games, Yooka-Laylee will come out on the 11th of April, 2017. That is, precisely one week after the release of the much-anticipated Persona 5.

Yooka-Laylee is set for an April 2017 release, with a possible Switch port in the works screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2hAyTwQ