Tuesday, December 13, 2016

News:: Review: The Little Acre

Years before I talked my dad into letting me play his copy of Grand Theft Auto III, I remember first being introduced to video games through adventure games. The stuff I played back then was just simple Sierra Entertainment titles like Pepper's Adventures in Time and Mixed Up Fairytales. Had it been released in the 1990s, I could easily see Pewter Studios' The Little Acre becoming a fondly remembered game from my childhood.

Even so, as a game released well after most of our childhoods have ended, it's hard to look at The Little Acre without being reminded of games and shows from decades past. The unique and legitimately stunning hand-drawn environments call back memories from a time when that kind of thing was more common. But while the The Little Acre is beautiful and brimming with mystery, the game itself falls just short of taking full advantage of its gorgeous world.

Review: The Little Acre screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2hjubm3