Friday, December 2, 2016

News:: Our first good look at Full Throttle Remastered

Double Fine is bringing Full Throttle back into our lives with a remaster, and I am so thankful for that. I've somehow only partially played this beloved point-and-click adventure, so I'll happily take this as my chance at redemption. The music at the end of the trailer just feels so damn right.

"Players will be able to switch back and forth between classic and remastered modes, and mix-n-match audio, graphics and user interface options to their heart's desire. Also included is a concept art browser with work from Peter Chan, and a commentary track with the game's original creators.

Full Throttle was the first game with Tim Schafer as sole project lead, and a much beloved cult classic! This special edition has been lovingly restored and remade with the care and attention that can only come from involving the game's original creators. It's headed to PS4 in 2017."

I don't mind the new visuals at all, but I'll stick with the original art, which still holds up in my eyes two decades later. It seems that Double Fine has found a way to reliably balance putting out all-new games alongside these remasters of old favorites. What are you hoping to see next?

Our first good look at Full Throttle Remastered screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2gJqaEP