Thursday, December 29, 2016

News:: Earth Defense Force on mobile has me tapping out

There's a slight burn right now in my flexor pollicis longus. This muscle is unique to humans. It's the one that controls our opposable thumbs, and for the last five days, I've been giving it a workout with Tap Wars: Earth Defense Force 4.1 The Shadow of New Despair. Please do not confuse this with Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair that was released late last year for the PlayStation 4. That game is good. Tap Wars is fucking awful.

Tap Wars EDF is another free-to-play game in the somehow still popular clicker genre. After five seconds with it, I realized this is just a reskin of the equally awful Tap My Katamari that crapped itself onto the App store earlier this year. That game also tested the strength of my flexor pollicis longus but it also tested my patience. Don't trust my opinion? Just read what those in our community thought of it. It's an abomination of a game, and even with its b-movie aesthetic charm, Tap Wars EDF is just as abysmal.

Earth Defense Force on mobile has me tapping out screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2hAIN1G