Wednesday, November 2, 2016

News:: Review: NES Classic Edition

The NES was the first console I ever owned. Somehow I had saved holiday and birthday money for over a year to get it (the idea may have been planted by a family member) at five years old, and although I don't remember every detail of that process, I do recall walking into a Sears to actually get the thing, and subsequently taking it home and playing Duck Hunt.

Although I had played arcade games and Atari before (it's what presumably gave me the idea), nothing really resonated with me until I played Mario for the first time. At that point, I knew this was something I would enjoy for a lifetime.

That's a pretty common story among older gamers, who are the target audience for the newly minted NES Classic Edition -- a simple, yet effective delivery system for 30 retro games from both Nintendo and third parties alike.

Review: NES Classic Edition screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2fddTIz