Sunday, October 30, 2016

News:: I'm not sure yet what Inner Chains is all about, but I'm intrigued nonetheless

For the most part, Brett and I were allowed to be dumb Americans when we were in Poland, able to get by with only a few Polish words ('Dziękuję' means thank you, and I had to say it each of the thousand times I was handed vodka). From my experience, if you can find someone younger than thirty, they probably spoke English. When I went to see Telepaths Trees' Inner Chains, this assumption finally bit me in the ass.

I appreciate the developer's effort. As I started to play the game, he told me "Medieval...caste...Egypt?" He did his best to accommodate my lack of knowledge, so it was my fault for not knowing what the hell was going on. I told him it was alright and that I'd just try and play it and figure out what it was all about. Maybe not my best idea in hindsight!

I walked out of a tomb with what looked like a parasitic bracelet on my right hand. The world looked completely ravaged, with smoke, flame, and hellish structures as far as I could see. Walking along cliffsides, I came across what looked like bladed mechanical tree roots writhing in the earth, eager to see my insides with a quick slice. Navigating past them, I came across corpselike humans that communicated with me nonverbally. They seemed to be expecting me, ushering me forward. Turning around a corner, a monolithic structure wreathed in flame loomed in the distance, beckoning me forth. The demo ended here.

It was certainly atmospheric, and the lack of combat had me wondering if it would be more of a horror puzzler. Upon further research, I found the Inner Chains Kickstarter and have gleaned more information. It appears that later on it will become more of a shooter, using parasitic weapons that feed off of your lifeforce, such as flamethrowers, shotguns, and electroguns. There's a small bit of gunplay in the trailer below.

I'm not sure yet what Inner Chains is all about, but I'm intrigued nonetheless screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2f312Zi