Monday, August 18, 2014

News::The Golf Club Review | High Score Reviews

HSR's Ian Childs writes: 'I can remember the moment I was done with the Tiger Woods golf franchise. It was early on in the career mode of Tiger Woods 12, a game which required you to work your way up the world rankings to earn a place in The Masters, the show-piece addition to the game that year. All was going swimmingly until I reached a point in the season which required me to play a DLC course or else risk losing ranking points and missing out on a trip to Augusta National. It was, quite frankly, taking the piss, and I havent purchased a Tiger Woods game since that moment, nor do I have any plans to. It was a shame in many ways as Id played golf games since the days of World Class Leaderboard on the Amiga, taking in such delights as Microprose Golf and Links 386, before PGA Tour 99 came out and launched the franchise that defined the modern golf game. When they mapped the swing to the analogue stick on a controller it revolutionized the genre and dominated it for the next...



via N4G: pc news feed http://ift.tt/1kQ0RRg