Wednesday, July 16, 2014

News::Spacecom Hands-On Preview {Critically Sane}

Critically Sane: "Spacecom surprised me. Space 4X games as a genre tend to be intimidating in complexity, to the extent that a certain other writer from this site tends to shut his brain off when I talk about them. Between research trees, planet types, dozens of buildings with varying effects, and statistics everywhere, neophytes have a tough time finding their way. And when I launched my alpha build of Spacecom, without much knowledge of what I was hopping into, those features are what I expected to see. What I found, instead, was a game that was much more minimalist a game about space conquest that, while not simplistic, was easy to understand and get into, and played very, very fast."



via N4G: pc news feed http://ift.tt/1rgQDLH