Sunday, March 30, 2014

News::How the 'new' Diablo III brought me back in

I never thought I would actually say this, but I am enjoying myself while playing Diablo III. Keep in mind this is without Reaper of Souls , and is entirely about the newest patch -- Loot 2.0. After spending countless hours playing Diablo II and its expansion, my friends and I were incredibly excited for the next installment in the series.


And then I played it.


I could not have been more disappointed. I felt that the inclusion of the Auction Houses fueled many of the other game design decisions (drop rate, loot rarity) and made the game incredibly frustrating. I spent a healthy chunk of time going through the game’s campaign and leveling up my Witch Doctor, but eventually uninstalled the game with no intention to return.


And yet here I am, actually looking forward to playing more Diablo III.


How the 'new' Diablo III brought me back in screenshot


Read more...



via destructoid http://ift.tt/1gejwgO