Saturday, September 14, 2013

News::The Daily Hotness: Best of luck, Max and Tara

["Destructoid - Max Scoville vs Tara Long" by LegionWings]


No snark remarks from me today. I'm just here to wish two very talented people the best of luck in their careers.


I met Max and Tara for the first time during E3 2011. Max and I actually shared a room at a very shady Howard Johnson in the middle of Koreatown, with non-functioning air conditioning and bedsheets of suspect cleanliness. But we made the most of it -- our room number was 310, so we dubbed it the "3:10 to Yuma" Room.


I didn't see Tara as much that week, but I did get the chance to chat a few times and share some laughs. She was there that final day while we all watched Rollerball on TV and tore it to shreds. Good times were definitely had.


I know they aren't gone gone, but their direct connection with Dtoid is no more. For that, I am sad. I get sad whenever one of our own moves on, especially considering that I only get to hang with these people once a year, twice if I'm lucky.


We'll miss you, guys! Peace!


Destructoid Originals:

Outlast - Now Bloody Playing Pt. 3

Watch the last ever Destructoid Show LIVE today!

Impressions: Disney Infinity: Lone Ranger Play Set

A Vita for all seasons - Office Chat

Live show: Legend of Dungeon launch celebration

Close encounters of the explosive kind - Daily Spelunk

The Destructoid Show's Final Episode


Community:

Friday Night Fights: Comfort games

Community blogs of 9/13

Forum thread of the day: Capcom Has $152 Million In The Bank


Reviews:

Review: Elgato Game Capture HD


Events:

Sony's giant Tokyo Game Show lineup revealed

Nicalis on Raven's jump to Vita, new color man and more


The Daily Hotness: Best of luck, Max and Tara screenshot


Read more...



via destructoid http://www.destructoid.com/the-daily-hotness-best-of-luck-max-and-tara-261828.phtml