Thursday, September 5, 2013

News::Strong Island Rant: Whats With the Lack of Originality?

"HD remakes, unoriginal shooters and cookie cutter action games plague the gaming community like no other. I for one, am very sick of playing the same game over and over again with little change to the formula. I will admit that I love me a good action game even if it is a bit repetitive. There is something about kicking a nameless thug in the face or slicing up a foe with sword that seems to never get old. However, the games that sell just so happen to be those cookie cutter shooters or other repeated entry in a triple A series. It seems that developers take advantage of the popularity of their titles to make a quick buck. Many games are suspect to this, but I also want to focus on the games that really try to create an experience rather than something that will appeal to the masses."



via N4G: pc news feed http://n4g.com/news/1348182/strong-island-rant-whats-with-the-lack-of-originality