Tuesday, August 20, 2013

News::Tiny Tinas Tumultuous Trek: Emotional Resonance in Borderlands 2

"Recently, I made my way through Gearboxs latest Borderlands 2 DLC, Tiny Tinas Assault on Dragons Keep. I did this despite long ago putting the game on the proverbial shelf of my Steam account, based mostly on the overwhelming positive reactions that it has received by everyone all over the Internet. They praised its inventive references to Dungeons and Dragons, its wealth of new enemies to fight, and its character moments. After playing it, I can only agree with one of these sentiments. The normal assortment of skags and bandits have been replaced by skeletons, zombies, spiders and mages, basically the bare minimum if youre going to base a game on table top tropes. There were no Beholders or Bugbears to be found on the main quest line, and the whole thing felt like a generic fantasy setting with dice thrown everywhere. It makes me wonder how much actual D&D the Gearbox crew has played." - Alex Santa Maria of Geekenstein



via N4G: pc news feed http://n4g.com/news/1336463/tiny-tinas-tumultuous-trek-emotional-resonance-in-borderlands-2