Wednesday, May 15, 2013

News::Sonic is a pirate! Covers for Sonic Universe #55

As much as it pains me to say, Sonic and Mega Man's fun times together in "Worlds Collide" won't last forever. But hopefully enough new readers will be ready and willing to stick around for what lies ahead for both heroes.


The first issue of Sonic Universe following "Worlds Collide" will be #55, a high-seas voyage starring Blaze and Marine from Sonic Rush Adventure, along with Amy Rose, Cream, and Sonic the Fighters tag team Bark the Polar Bear and Bean the Dynamite. This new "Pirate Plunder Panic" arc is a little extra special because it is not penned by main series writer Ian Flynn but rather by frequent Sonic penciler Tracy Yardley! -- mind the necessary exclamation mark!


This isn't the first time Tracy has handled a Sonic story: "A few years ago, I wrote 3 issues of the old Sonic X comic that Archie had published. And I wrote the 'Babylon Rising' story arc featured in Sonic Universe #33-36." But shouldn't he be worried about bringing shame upon the House of Flynn!? "His eye may be ever-watchful, but I don't think he's ever judging," Tracy states. "Actually, he's always been very supportive and enthusiastic when I write stories for the Sonic books. I go to him to make sure I keep the continuity correct and to get his opinion on what I'm doing. Ian really is a fantastic guy."


Oh... alright. And here I pictured Ian as a silver-tongued mogul who manipulates his minions to do his bidding. I may not be familiar with Tracy's past written works, but if he's got the support of both Ian and Archie editor Paul Kaminski, this ought to be a fresh yet fun read.


Sonic is a pirate! Covers for Sonic Universe #55 screenshot


Read more...



via destructoid http://www.destructoid.com/sonic-is-a-pirate-covers-for-sonic-universe-55-253740.phtml