Wednesday, May 15, 2013

News::PluggedIn - Star Trek Review

Games with movie tie-ins don't have a great track record. They always offer a few character elements and a little story action fans can buy into, but they tend to fall short when it comes to the overall gaming experience. So after I broke out my Vulcan ear tips and pinned on my favorite plastic Federation pocket emblem, PluggedIn - I set my phaser to "wary" as I ripped through the shrink-wrap around Star Trek. The sensor readings that soon started coming in let me know that the game does fit snuggly into the newly rebooted Trekkie canon. Everything takes place between the events of director J.J. Abrams' 2009 blockbuster flick Star Trek and his new 2013 Star Trek Into Darkness. Moviegoers will remember that the planet Vulcan was demolished during the last go-round. So here in the game, the emotionless, green-blooded Vulcans whip up a high-tech thingamajig they call the Helios device to help them quickly create a new home.



via N4G: pc news feed http://n4g.com/news/1254943/pluggedin-star-trek-review