Monday, April 8, 2013

News::Thatgamecompany’s next game will change the industry, says departing game designer


Former Thatgamecompany game designer Asher Vollmer believes that the Journey studio’s new game could “change the industry in a really positive way.”


Vollmer has left the developer to pursue smaller, more personal game projects, and revealed on his tumblr that although he believes Thatgamecompany’s new game will be important, working on the title left him unhappy and frustrated.


“The New Game they’re making isn’t just something that you can casually abandon,” said Vollmer. “Obviously I can’t divulge any details about it, but… It’s going to be huge. And I don’t mean it’s going to be a long sprawling game, I mean it’s going to be an IMPORTANT game. I genuinely believe it’s going to change the industry in a really positive way.”


“All of this just made the decision [to leave] harder, but the fact of the matter is that I was unhappy,” he added. “I started out loving my job, but as the months wore on and progress continued at a snail’s pace, I started getting more and more frustrated.”


The post Thatgamecompany’s next game will change the industry, says departing game designer appeared first on Edge Online.






via Edge Online http://www.edge-online.com/news/thatgamecompanys-next-game-will-change-the-industry-says-departing-game-designer/