Saturday, March 9, 2013

News::Sim City Debacle Raises Health of PC Questions for Future; Could Affect Industry as a Whole

"If those people that waited in lines at Midnight, woke up and stopped at their local game store at open, or took the day off of work because their favorite game series has its first launch since 2007, are forced to wait to play their game, there is something drastically wrong. I stopped in on the same launch day as Sim City, to Gamestop and picked up my copy of Tomb Raider and was able to enjoy it on my Xbox 360 at the time I got home. I had the right to play a game that I legally obtained, with my money, when I chose to. No one was telling me that I couldnt. Sim City fans were obviously not as lucky. They were not able to play a game that they, too had received a legal copy of, and because of the launching companies, Electronic Arts and Maxis, need to protect what money they make; consumers were the ones that suffered.



via N4G: pc news feed http://n4g.com/news/1188818/sim-city-debacle-raises-health-of-pc-questions-for-future-could-affect-industry-as-a-whole