Monday, March 11, 2013

News::Lara Croft is more than a survivor

For the past 48 hours, I have been completely enthralled in the world of Tomb Raider. Explosions, gun-fights, stealthy takedowns, weapon upgrading, and shooting defenseless bunnies has characterized my adventure, one that has been a complete roller coaster ride from beginning to end. With cut scenes as dramatic as any action movie, epic battles against religious crazies, and sprawling environments ripe for exploring, I could barely tear myself away from Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix's masterpiece.



Such enthusiasm comes at a cost however, completing the game far too quickly is the price I pay. I just recently beat Tomb Raider's main story and while it was one crazy ride that I thoroughly enjoyed, I was a bit troubled by the concluding sentiments. Players are left with a simple phrase, "A survivor is born." Upon reading those words, I became upset. After all Lara Croft has been through, all that she has accomplished in order to save her friends and escape the ill-fated island, the label that she is granted is survivor? In my mind, Lara's exploits present her in a different light, as a hero.


Lara Croft is more than a survivor screenshot


Read more...



via destructoid http://www.destructoid.com/lara-croft-is-more-than-a-survivor-248347.phtml