Saturday, June 9, 2018

News:: Review: Won't You Be My Neighbor?

How can I be a better person?

That's the thought that was in my head when I was walking around the streets of New York after seeing Won't You Be My Neighbor?, a documentary detailing the life of Fred Rogers and his show, Mister Rogers' Neighborhood. Fred Rogers was an incredibly interesting man, but also one of the most influential father figures in all of television, both on and off screen. Generations of children grew up watching his show and learning life lessons while being treated like a human being and not just as an underdeveloped kid. I grew up watching several of his episodes, and I'm fairly certain a large majority of people here have at least seen one episode. 

So when a documentary about Fred Rogers gains enough traction to get a theatrical release, that's pretty spectacular. When was the last time you've heard of a documentary getting released at an AMC or a Loews? And if you go see it I can guarantee that not only will you learn a thing or two, but you may also shed a tear while doing it. 

Review: Won't You Be My Neighbor? screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid https://www.destructoid.com/review-won-t-you-be-my-neighbor--506289.phtml