Monday, April 30, 2018

News:: The impact of Avengers: Infinity War is undone by Marvel's inability to keep its mouth shut

(Ed: No, but seriously, spoilers.)

There is dead silence more than two hours into my screening of Avengers: Infinity War. Nobody moves a muscle. Nobody eats. Nobody whispers or gets up or adjusts themselves in their seats. It is a still as it should have been when I saw A Quite Place -- stupid nacho-eating bastard behind me -- when Thanos reassembles the final Infinity Stone. The unthinkable has happened. 10 years of films, good and bad, has led up to this. I don't want to look away from the screen, but I'm panicking wondering how long I've been watching this film, frightful we're nearing the end. I want to check my phone to see if there is enough time for one final, massive battle.

There isn't. With a snap of a finger, it’s over, and those of us who have been there since the beginning are left in an unfamiliar situation: one where we lose. A decade of world-building ends with half of it wiped out. As I sit there watching so many of my favorite heroes fade from existence, I don’t feel sad or shocked or any emotion I’m sure the Russo brothers are hoping I feel. Instead, the sight of Black Panther turning the dirt brings just one thought to my mind…

None of this matters.

The impact of Avengers: Infinity War is undone by Marvel's inability to keep its mouth shut screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid https://www.destructoid.com/the-impact-of-avengers-infinity-war-is-undone-by-marvel-s-inability-to-keep-its-mouth-shut-500680.phtml