Friday, March 30, 2018

News:: Review: God's Not Dead: A Light in Darkness

Reviewing faith-based movies can be tricky to say the least. I don't think I'm going to shock anyone by saying that faith-based movies can be very, very, very difficult to pull off correctly. Usually faith-based movies end up one of two ways. One, it is so inept in its message that it becomes hilarious and cannot be taken seriously (see Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas). Two, the movie becomes hateful and meanspirited to anyone that doesn't follow the movie's chosen faith and will shame you for it (see God's Not Dead). 

But if you're a religious person, who am I to tell you that you can't find spiritual meaning in a movie. Maybe the messages and values being preached in the God's Not Dead franchise hit you in all the right ways. I don't feel it's right for me to invalidate your experience with a movie just because we have differing ideals. So let's just agree right off the bat about something. I am not going to make any religious commentary or discuss the validity of faith here. All I'm going to do is talk about the movie as a movie and not as a piece of Christian filmmaking. Are we good? Can we do that?

If so, then it shouldn't be too much of a surprise for me to tell you that God's Not Dead: A Light in Darkness, it pretty dull and lifeless, but at least I wasn't offended by it. Progress...?

Review: God's Not Dead: A Light in Darkness screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid https://www.destructoid.com/review-god-s-not-dead-a-light-in-darkness-496595.phtml