Sunday, March 25, 2018

News:: Five video game characters that make me want to get fit(ter)

There came a time in this girl's life when walking up a flight of stairs felt like climbing Mount Kilimanjaro, and the back-handed compliment "you don't sweat much for a fat lass" rang far too true. I've been on a massive fitness drive for the past nine months, and through a combination of completely changing my diet and not shying away from the cross-trainer, I've lost a good amount of weight. My next fitness goal is to get proper hench, or at least as hench as a puny five-foot maiden, who throws her neck out opening a jar of soup, can be.

One of my biggest fitness inspirations alongside Instagram models and stunt women is actually video game characters, since they've shaped my impression of what women's bodies look like since I was five years old. The fantasy of what fitness can mean gives me the strength to go for gold in my real-life workouts, even if I end up in a crumpled heap after my second attempt at a stomach crunch. There are plenty of female video game characters I consider strong, bold and brave, who have distinctly average bodies – but there are a few who are more muscular, more agile and more athletic.

So, mix up your protein shake of choice and chug it down, while I talk about my top five video game athletes of all time. Don’t think – feel. (Aww, come on, Charlotte, spoilers...)

Five video game characters that make me want to get fit(ter) screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid https://www.destructoid.com/five-video-game-characters-that-make-me-want-to-get-fit-ter--495548.phtml