Wednesday, March 21, 2018

News:: The 300 Week 11: THIS IS LARA!

Hola, buds, and welcome back to The 300, a recurring feature on my harebrained attempt to see 300 movies in theaters in the year 2018. I’ll be watching new releases, classics, hidden gems, and festival films to experience the wide world of cinema in all its forms. Hopefully there’s something here for you to seek out and enjoy as well.

As always, there are three rules for The 300:

  • The movie must be at least 40 minutes long, meeting the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences’ definition of a feature film.
  • I must watch the movie at a movie theater, screening room, or outdoor screening venue.
  • While I can watch movies I’ve seen before 2018, I cannot count repeated viewings of the same film in 2018 multiple times.

I’m back in New York City and the normal routine of seeing a lot of movies. In fact, next week’s installment of The 300 should be pretty big since I’ll be seeing a few films at The Inaugural Dr. Saul and Dorothy Kit Film Noir Festival, which opens tonight and runs through Sunday.

Eight classic works of film noir will screen at the Kit Noir Festival, most of them in 35mm. There will also be a special conversation with writer/director Paul Schrader. If you’re in NYC and love film noir, stop by the Lenfest Center for the Arts and give this a look.

And so, onward.

The 300 Week 11: THIS IS LARA! screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid https://www.destructoid.com/the-300-week-11-this-is-lara--495334.phtml