Monday, February 19, 2018

News:: Review: Age of Empires: Definitive Edition

Age of Empires was a fundamental part of my RTS education. Two years before it I was enjoying the futurist spin of Command & Conquer and the fantasy vibes of Warcraft II, but Age of Empires offered up something else entirely -- a middle-ground.

It was a monumental moment in the history of the genre, as the awe-inspiring sprite-work and the sheer scope of the game really spoke to me and spurred my interest in ancient civilizations. Age of Empires: Definitive Edition is still very much a game from the '90s, lacking the panache of its sucessors, but those of you with an open mind and a strategic knack will enjoy it just as I did all those years ago.

Review: Age of Empires: Definitive Edition screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid https://www.destructoid.com/review-age-of-empires-definitive-edition-487449.phtml